Saturday, October 5, 2013

Summer turns to fall

Okay so I seriously had no idea that I would struggle so much to keep this blog updated. A second child really does just make things that much more challenging in the time category. However I have figured out, just figured out actually, that the real issue is that it's not easy. And by not easy I mean right now I only have an iPad at home. While I love my iPad it is not friendly with respect to writing anything. Further, you can't upload pictures from iPad onto the blog so to get pictures uploaded they have to be placed onto our ancient computer that lives in our bedroom on the 3rd floor. Basically I want a MacBook. We can't afford one right now but it's on our "list" of wanted items. I think that if I had a MacBook I would be updating all the time. When you have 2 kids and a fuller than full time job, it's all about convenience!

Anyway, on to the update. Gerad has been with us for almost a year! Hard to believe. It will be a year this month. Of course I can't remember life before him. I think it may have been more peaceful?? Haha. He is almost 2 1/2. His language is still quite delayed but he's getting there. His tantrum phase has eased and he's generally an extremely happy and gregarious little guy. People LOVE him. He always has a smile, wave and hello for everybody. He's doing great in the small home daycare where we moved him. He's toilet training right now and is doing surprisingly well. We may be on the cusp of being able to get rid of our cloth diapers once and for all. Yippee!! I am just so happy he is with us. Our family is complete with him and I just can't imagine life without him.

Van started junior kindergarten in September. He's doing extremely well. They are very good with him. They have been been able to get funding for a TA due to his diagnosis. Speaking of which, everybody that has worked with him feel pretty sure that he is not on the spectrum which is fantastic news. The feeling is that it may be ADHD with some other possible yet managable diagnosis. We are going to have him reassessed in the new year. Hopefully we'll get a better idea  of what's going on with him and figure out how we can best help him. I'd do anything for him. I love him so very much. Even though he drives me bananas sometimes!! Lol. Patience is the ultimate prize with parenting. Sometimes you have a ton of it at your fingers and other times it seems just out of reach.

The boys together are better than I could have imagined. Quite simply: they. adore. each. other! They have their little spats of course but man are they insepperable. They are always playing together,cuddling, or chatting with each other. They are tight! Adopting 2 children was the best decision we have ever made.

That's my update for now. I will post pics in the next day or so!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing and what the boys were up to. So glad to hear JK is going well for Van. I am interested to hear how the reassessment goes in the new year. I think your JK in Ontario is really good. I heard there is a teacher and an ECE educator. Wow! That gives the kids the best of both worlds and a solid and strong start to their education with lots of hands-on learning and play opportunities. We only have full day K here in BC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally getting a chance to catch up with things, and I can't believe that I've been that busy since receiving our referral that I missed a blog post of yours! LOL! I'm so grateful to get to know you that it wasn't "news" reading your post : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful update! Your boys are so cute together - I am always impressed when I see them get along and play well together.

    ReplyDelete