Friday, January 11, 2013

The holidays

Well again I have let too much time pass in between posts. Having two children definitely makes a difference with regards to keeping up with the blog. It is just really hard to get the pictures sorted out lol.

Our holidays were good. Van is finally at an age where he can appreciate the whole Santa thing. Gerad had no idea what was going on but he has certainly enjoyed his presents (and Van's too lol). All in all it was a success.

Gerad is doing better and better and I feel like he is beginning to fully attach to us. He no longer cries when he's put to bed and he is able to accept behavioural correction without having a full tantrum (which we believe was related to his insecurity. Now he's realizing that just because we say no it does not mean we don't love him or will be leaving him). I think being able to understand our langauge now has also made a huge difference. I think he is basically fluent in his understanding and can follow directions. It's incredible how quickly he has adjusted. He and Van are getting along as brothers should. Hugs, fights, etc.

Here are some pictures from the past month:

Santa's cookies and milk:



Xmas day:








Visiting day:








First haricut in Canada:




Enjoying the snow:








Experimental farm:


Gerad's room finally fully decorated:








2 comments:

  1. Dear Meg,

    So glad to hear and see about your first Christmas as a family of four.

    I was nominated for a Liebster award by Gen over at Cinnamon Baby. We have been following each other's blog for almost a year now. I decided to accept the award and have posted on my blog. In turn, I would like to nominate you for a Liebster award. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and following your blog. I am not a fan of chain letters or the like, but this award seems like it is harmless and sort of fun. As To those of us waiting, it is something to help us fill the time!

    If you feel like accepting the award, have a look here: http://www.myadoptionjourney2011.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-award.html or Gen's post on Cinnamon Baby. There is absolutely no pressure and I won't be offended if you don't participate. I know it is a lot to ask of you with your two little ones already at home.

    Best wishes,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination! I will definitely participate. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete